The University of Melbourne Werribee Animal Hospital is seeking canine blood donors.
Just like humans, pets can suffer from life-threatening illnesses such as anaemia, toxicity, trauma or severe injury that could result in them needing a life-saving blood transfusion. U-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital’s Canine and Feline Blood Donor Programs constantly are in need of blood donations to ensure blood products are readily available for immediate use for critical ill pets in our care.
Your dog may become a blood donor if he or she is:
* 1-5 years old,
* 25kg or more,
* be healthy and have a calm temperament
* up to date with vaccinations and parasite control
* a Victorian Resident (never travelled outside of Victoria)
* available to donate 2 - 4 times a year
* not a blood transfusion recipient.
To volunteer your dog and for more information visit u-vet.com.au/blood-donor-programs.